Thursday 18 February 2016

Homeword Bound


I checked Auckland weather just before I went to bed and there were gale and storm warnings for the next day all along the coast. The reality was much easier than the weather reports.  Rattler didn’t give me any grief and my GPS took me directly back to Scotties.  The lady who booked me said it has just been crazy busy for them.  There are no cars available from any of the big car rental companies and no hotel rooms.  She said it has been awful this week with people who hadn't made reservations. 

I was early for my flight and went outside to get my walk in but too windy and rainy.  I was happy to curl up in the Air NZ lounge and doze, read and nibble my way through the afternoon. The customs guy tell me the big jets will get out tonight in spite of the storm. 

The flight home was easy. When I walked through the Vancouver airport I had the oddest feeling that I had never been away and the last six weeks  were a dream. The feeling didn't go away when I landed in Edmonton and the temperature was above 0 with hardly any snow.  My biological weather clock is going to need a reset. 

So dear readers it is au revoir for now. Thank you for sticking with me through this journey. There is one more stage in my year long Odyssey. Strider is waiting patiently for me to bring him home from the east coast. That will be later in the spring. We will have to wait and see where the road takes. Until then may the sun shine down upon you and yours and all the best on your own adventures.  




No comments:

Post a Comment