Friday 29 January 2016

In my room

Not as bad as it sounds.  My car is waiting for me in Greymouth the Avis lady said someone else came in today having driven on the small tire from around the same place I got my flat outside of Haast with no trouble. I was glad to know I was not alone.  The day was miserable cold, rainy, and dark. Perfect weather for someone who needs some downtime to organize, recharge their batteries do laundry, get caught up on email, photos and blog work. I didn’t leave my room until it was time to venture out to dinner. 

Afterwards I could see in the clouds lifting by Lake Matheson, got the car, filled up with gas for tomorrow and drove out there.  It was a beautiful walk around the lake and didn’t matter that it was cloudy.  People were all happy to get out and about.  A good day and I feel much better now. This is a modest little motel with the best internet service I've had since coming to NZ and it's free.  

This is the most photographed spot in NZ.  Mt. Tasman and Mt. Hood are somewhere behind the clouds






The poem was posted at this lookout








1 comment:

  1. About time we get some good photos. I have been missing them for the last couple posts

    ReplyDelete