Tuesday 4 October 2016

Victoria

Woke up to more rain.  Regardless I wanted to see Chemainus again and stopped to walk the streets and buy cinnamon buns but the bakery that makes them is closed on Tuesdays.  The town does look picturesque with all the murals, flowers and well cared for old buildings.  The rain cleared a little when I arrived in Duncan to meet with an old friend.  She is doing a wonderful job of directing a community service agency.  It was great to hear what she has accomplished and is planning more yet to come.  Duncan too is growing and had a great restaurant for us to enjoy. 

From there it was an easy drive over the Malahat and into Victoria from the west.  I thought about stopping at some of my favourite places, Goldstream, Royal Roads etc but the rain kept me moving then just when I got near the West Bay Marina/houseboat/RV Park it let up. 

This is a small site I at the beginning of the walking trail that goes all the way to the inner harbour, around the other side and onto to Dallas Road.  I walked about 3/4 of the way to the Empress Hotel and it would only take an hour each way. I learned the water taxi's also stop at our dock. While the RV sites are small the view is big for many of the sites that have people staying all winter.  I think this will be perfect for me the next couple of days. I didn't carry my camera so the pictures from the walk are from my cell phone.   


The view of the RV/Marina/Houseboat Park




The view of the inner harbour




This seagull comes to this spot every day when old lady comes by.  She puts little pieces of bird food in a path to her hand and the sea gull moves eats one piece after another until he gets to her fingers. 


Overlooking Laurel Point my favourite hotel that I've never stayed in and one of the many kayakers out in the evening


The water taxi I will be taking tomorrow


The Blue Bridge, one of my favourite


Do you remember the paddler at Bow Lake just wearing shorts?  
Here it isn't quite as cold and this one looks like he could survive a spill. 


No comments:

Post a Comment