Tuesday 4 October 2016

Rained Out of the Rain Forest


The downside of having such a good day yesterday was I took so many pictures I crashed my computer, or thought I had.  Couldn’t get the little wheel to stop turning or shut it down and until it died sometime in the night and was born again this morning I thought I was in big trouble.  But dear reader as you can see we are back in the ether so to speak.


The other downside was that I woke up to rain, and the forcast was for more and heavier rain for the next few days.  Some of my friends and I have thought it would be great to be on Long Beach in the rain.  Well not this kind of rain, no big storm, no mist, no fog just dull, flat, grey light, lots of wet nothing. I packed up and Strider roard back to the east coast of the island at a blistering speed of 25-60 km/hr most of the way to Alberni.  A stop at McMillan Park for the first time in the fall, and the understory was lovely.  









Now I’m settled into a campground south of Nanaimo.  There was time for a good walk around the forest trails by the water before the rain caught up to me.  It is fine, I’m cozy, will try to load pictures again and am reading a fascinating book, The Gene: An Intimate History.  No kidding, it really is amazing especially because of the latest winner of the nobel prize. 




No comments:

Post a Comment