Saturday 8 October 2016

Last Post


The last day the weather god was teasing me. A huge windstorm kept Strider rocking all night.  It also blew away the worst of the clouds leaving a beautiful fall day. I drove up to Sidney where it took a lot longer to winterIze, sani-dump and wash Strider before I took him to the storage place to sort, pack and clean up. His first storage spot was inappropriate and they were good at finding someplace safer for the winter. I went into Sidney to do last minute shopping and take a walk along the water. The town was bustling. People here talk about micro breweries, crab fishing, the growth of their community and all the amenities they now have.  It felt vibrant and a good place to end the driving part of my coast to coast Odyssey.


This old guy gets flowers and scarfs from people who live in Sidney.


I flew to Ft. St. John and arrived to snow, clean, clear, not too cold and after all this is Canada. Watching the news tonight there is snow in southern BC through most of the roads I was driving on. I feel like I finished just in time. 

Thank you all for sharing this journey with me, so long, until next time.... 




No comments:

Post a Comment