Sunday 2 October 2016

Family and Friend Time





The past three days have been full of family and friends. I am so glad I have had this time to connect with them all.  Everyone was so generous with their time, hospitality and great food.  Three of my cousins live in the Okanogan  and all have beautiful homes overlooking their respective lakes.  One built his house, himself without nails. Amazing.  Up in the hills there are deer, coyotes, and raccoons.  It is beautiful county. 

The deer welcomed me without fear


The post and beam design he built himself without any nails




The view from his loft office


A deer waiting outside his door in the morning to thank him for being so good to them


Family time at my cousin's further south





They have a beautiful new home with lovely views over the vineyards and lake







After two great days I drove down to Ladner to stay with an old friend, who has also recently moved there. We walked around the neighbourhood, he cooked a great meal and we had a good time catching up with each other. An easy morning before I headed to the ferry and Vancouver Island. 

No comments:

Post a Comment