Monday 9 May 2016

Great Last Day in Moab

A great last day in Moab. We worked on our photo's in the morning took our lunch break and Ray who is fighting off a cold took a rest.  Gary and I explored the neighbourhoods of Moab to get our 10,000 steps in.  I didn't take my camera as I wasn't expecting a lot of photo opportunities but was I wrong. Unbeknownst to us there is a beautiful multiuse path along a creek that winds its way through the town.  We came upon a wonderful little music park filled with zylophones, chimes, pipes and steel drums.  A family, who played well made the most beautiful sounds.  I've never seen a music park before but I think it is a great idea.  In all the years we have been to Moab we haven't been in the residential neighbourhoods and I'm glad we discovered them.  On the way back we stopped at our favourite bakery to put in an order for scones tomorrow morning on our way out of town.

We returned just in time to pick up Nancy and head back to Courthouse Wash.  The creek was higher than a few days ago and we had to scramble up and down the rock to get around.  I had forgotten how good it felt after I got over my initial nervousness. We made it up past the waterfalls before turning back so we could get further into Arches.  High up in the park the sky was dramatic.  Dark rain clouds next to puffy white cumulus and rainbows linking them.  We seemed to miss the rain even when we could see it all around us.  It was a beautiful last evening here and we got almost 20,000 steps in by the time we got home.

We went back to our favourite Italian restaurant good evening.  The weather is turning colder so it is a good time to head home.

1 comment: