Thursday 19 November 2015

The gift of getting lost in the moment

Today was the perfect reason that to stay on. I was going to go a rock garden but the weather looked grim so I decided to just explore the neighbourhood in case the rain came too hard. One block led to another first along the river with heron's keeping watch over old fishermen and then through the streets to a temple, garden and large park.  It seemed like every few steps was a photo op with one unexpected happening after another.  Four hours later on my way out a special event was happening that I have no idea about but there were lots of people, politicians and entertainers.  The clouds were looking more ominous so I wound my way back to the hotel, had a  cup of tea and was ready to go again. A block from our hotel is a shopping area that goes for blocks in all directions. I have avoided it but it is an adventure.  Everything from little independents to the Largest Tagashaki department store. 

Over two hours later I made it back just in time to meet Liza for dinner.  We went to an authentic sushi place.  We were the only white people there, great food but no desserts. The down side of the purse event is that all access to my TD accounts is gone.  I have learned it is really helpful to have accounts in more than one bank. At any rate we walked the streets to an ATM then stopped at our favourite French bakery for dessert and more good talks.  
Today I still felt like pinching myself that I'm actually in Japan.


The Birds and old men know where the fish are




Their teacher asked if I would practice english with his students, my new best friends


There were kids all over the park, a welcome change from tourists
of which of course I am not one. 



Kimono's were everywhere, and even the men are dressing up too








They were having so much fun and so graceful practicing




At the back of the park I found a beautiful peaceful temple, garden and forest 
with no one around





The singers for a special ceremony





The Drummer prepares




No comments:

Post a Comment